Wednesday 5 October 2011

A new beginning?

Over the past 2 years I have put virtually no effort into my jewellery business with other things taking over my life but I feel it is time for a new start. I am going to re-evaluate every single one of my designs, sell off old stock and make headway into becoming a full time jeweller.














It's a small step but I am planning on starting to sort things out by looking through what inspired me in the first place. My love of colours and patterns found in sweets and baking. During university I took hundreds of photos of cakes I had baked and sweets from old fashioned sweet shops and this proved invaluable to my research. I still enjoy looking at the photos of them.
























I am also going to re-visit my old sketchbooks when I can (they are in storage right now) and gain what I can from them!

Watch this space!

1 comment:

Genna Delaney said...

Fantastic Ruth! love the source photos.

I know how you feel, I've felt stuck in a rut too but decided to go back to basics. Looking at old sketchbooks and photos is a great way to get inspired again. If you want to get back into making you're more than welcome to come into the studio to use my bench and tools.

Fans